Monday, May 08, 2006

Love and Fear

Wow, It's been that long since I posted on my blog? Shame on me. I haven't shared my blog with anyone just yet. Maybe soon. We'll see.

Live and Learn is still the undercurrent running in my life right now. It's both scary and exciting. I've got more "ideas" than I have time. If I can only figure out how to implement some of those "ideas" without making a total mess of things I would be one happy person.

Recently I came to realize how much fear is a part of my life. As I'm sure it's a big part of most peoples lives. In the Christian ranks we talk a lot about love and how it cast out fear. So, if we love ourselves, does that love cast out fear? I believe it does. If that love comes from Christ and I believe he wants us to care and love ourselves then that love will also cast out fear. I wonder if the lack of love for ourselves is the key reason most of us still have fear. We have love all around us. Our family, friends, pastors, teachers, spouses, and God himself love us and we still have fear. What if we add the love for ourselves and that makes it the "perfect" love? I am no theologian. These are just my ponderings. Anyway, I'm going to work on the "loving self" thing and see if it helps with my fears. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Well, I should get busy around here. My quote for the day is from Eleanor Roosevelt, "It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan".

Living and Learning,
Marcey

No comments: