Sunday, July 22, 2007

So I'm being more reasonable....

Today I went to Sunday School. It's been weeks since I've been able to go. Our pastor spoke on how God may not remove a problem from our lives but he will make a way for us to live above it. It made sense to me. I've had a lot of problems in my life that have NEVER went away, but I've always been able to live above them. Even when I think my life sucks, if I realistically look at things, I've lived above it all. God has always made a way. And he's made that way in some really unique ways.

All through the worship service this morning I spoke with God. I love Him and I really think he knows that I do. I've been so angry though. Honestly, I've found myself reacting as a spoiled brat not getting what they want. I just found myself saying over and over, "I'm so angry." I felt him tell me, "I know you're angry Marcey. It's o.k. You'll see what I'm going to do with all this. Remember all the other times and how you've grown to see that I have cared and directed your path. Hang on to me Marcey. I want good for you. It's o.k. that your angry. I love you anyway." I really felt Him speak these things to my mind. It was awesome!

It all really comes down to making a choice to believe. I can choose to be bitter, angry, and spiteful because things are not happening the way I would have wanted them to, or I can choose to believe that God is good all the time regardless of my situation. Only one of those choices will help me make it through this life. The other breeds misery.

So, today, I'm choosing to look up and believe that God is good, and that he has a plan, and that his plan will be good regardless of the paths it takes to get there. It's the only way I can keep going.

Still Living and Learning....

Marcey

No comments: