Sunday, March 07, 2010

Catching up

This blog was started in 2005 and I think posted on it a few times a year. I thought I'd use it for more of the day to day happenings.

I'm not sure where to start so I think I'll just give basic updates on everyone.

David is still at Harwood. His company has a plan to relocate but the date keeps getting pushed forward. We're hoping it happens soon as we're ready for it to be over. He had a physical after Hannah's passing and there was some "iffy" stuff discovered gastointestinally so he's having a procedure to see if everything is o.k. We're hopeful that it is.

Kyle is one busy young man. He just had a practice LD debate tournament over the weekend and has UIL district LD debate competition in a couple weeks. He also takes his SAT this Saturday. He's the secretary for NHS and the president of the chess club. It's the last few months before graduation so activities are constant. I'm sure he'd appreciate any prayers you send up on his behalf. He graduates May 28th. Two days before what would have been Hannah's 9th birthday.

Zachary is Zachary. He's our family comedian and keeps us laughing constantly. He'll finish his sophmore year. He is in band and plays the trumpet like his dad.

Koolio misses his girl and the activities of his day that came with caring for her. I've been taking him for walks and playing with him outside. Most days we go for two walks and play ball in the backyard a couple of times. Still he misses getting out and about as much as he used to. I'm going to look into taking him to the nursing home some. He is having some trouble with flea bites. We treat him every month but this will make the third time he's gotten bit despite them and had a reaction. :( I'm thankful we have him and know in time he'll adjust to being without his girl. For now we just love on each other and miss her together.

How am I? I'm breathing. I'm not hopeless but I'm incredibly sad. I miss my girl. I hate the phrase move on btw. I don't think I can ever move on but I am trying to do things with my time that will benefit me in the long run. I started attending a group last week called, "walking in this world". It's another series by Julia Cameron. Two of the women in the group were in my "Artist way" groups. I try to stay pretty busy. At first it was fairly easy because everyone wanted to go eat lunch or meet me for dinner. Then their were the weekend visits, calls, texts and cards. That's all died out so it's a little more difficult to fill the hours but I'm doing it. I'm not complaining. The outpouring of support was/is incredible. It's true though that weeks afterward when everyone has gone back to their lives is when it's the hardest. I'm blessed however, God helps me and always provides just what I need when I need it.

Amazingly the treatments I took for CFS(chronic fatigue syndrome)have really helped. Physically I feel better than I have in years. I'm so thankful.

I should go to bed. It's late. Thanks so much for all the prayer and support! I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I would not be able to make it without it. Love y'all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and your family will always be in my prayers.My dogs are on a chewable flea pill I will get the name and send it to you for the sweet boy.

Ms. Read

Anonymous said...

I Love you Mrs. Marcey!! I will now look at the new blog site, but I must tell you that I will have to go back time from time to look at my sweet student's blog:/

I am glad to hear that the boy's are doing well with school and all the hanppening's. I will pray for Davis and his iffy's, it will be a good report.

Kisses to Koolio

Love you alway's,

Mrs. Rebekah

Joan said...

Sis Marcey just wanted to let you know that you are loved. My prayers are still with you and your family. I will keep all of you in my prayers. We all miss you at church too. I really admire all of you and your family's amazing strength and love. God bless you all, Sis Joan

Sally G said...

Marcey, so good to hear about David and the boys. And so interesting to see how in June, you felt God's call. How we can look back and see how He prepares us for what we might have to face. Praying for you, that you never move on or hear that phrase again. And praying for David and his testing. much love.