Tuesday, March 23, 2010

PPCD and stuff.

It's been an eventful few days. On Friday the boys, Kyle's girlfriend, and I made a trip to Denison. After lunch with friends in Plano we stopped by the cemetary to put Easter flowers and a bunny on Hannah and Billie's graves. We then went on to Denison where we got a copy of Zach's birth certificate, saw some family, looked at a car and then met all my family for dinner before heading home again. I was worn smack out and tired of my van by the time we made it home again.

Yesterday was my first day volunteering in the PPCD at Franklin. Nothing has felt "right" since Hannah passed away. Going there yesterday felt "right". I loved being with the kids and the added benefit was that I felt what I was doing honored Hannah's life. I'm definately looking forward to doing it more.

When I got home yesterday there was a box by my front door. It said "fragile" and I wasn't expecting anything so I was intrigued. The day Hannah passed away a nurse from NICU came and did a handprint. It wasn't an easy thing to do and since we didn't get it I thought it didn't work out. In that box however was the handprint. It's really quite amazing. I'm going to post a picture of it when I can get it done.

Then I got the mail and inside it was an invitation to a "we remember" ceremony at Cook's on April 25th. That is also the weekend David and I are planning on celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. We'll celebrate our marriage and the life of our girl all together. It seems right.

Today I plan on doing some much needed cleaning around the house. Koolio is at the groomers. I have nothing planned for today. It's time to get busy and bring some order back to this house. Keep your fingers crossed for me. It's a BIG job! Love to all of you and thanks for your support and prayers!

1 comment:

Sally G said...

Thinking of you.